This is my best chocolate cookie recipe ever made! If you love chocolate you’ll love this soft cookies with two kinds of chocolate and great flavors from cinnamon, bananas and cocoa.
Ingredients for simple chocolate cookies:
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 200 g chocolate chips for melting
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 big bananas, peeled and coarsely mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 200 g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- optional: 1/4 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F.
In a medium bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat pastry flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or on a double boiler following the instructions from here.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix at medium speed the butter with granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
Mix in the vanilla extract and the mashed bananas.
Mix in the eggs and the melted chocolate.
Add the flour mixture and mix until the dough has formed.
With a spatula fold in the white chocolate pieces, chopped walnuts and raisins. Stir until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Drop one tablespoon batter 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
Bake the cookies for about 10-18 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
This cookies are incredible soft with a perfect crispy walnuts touch.
This recipe is from my favorite cookies recipes book – Cookies: 1,001 Mouthwatering Recipes From Around the World.
Other similar recipes:
- Simple oatmeal banana cookies
- Banana oatmeal cookies recipe
- Simple apple cookies recipe
- Carrot cookies recipe
- Coconut cookie recipe with oat flakes
- Egg whites cookies
- Simple orange cookies
- Simple orange cookies with poppy seed